thinking training logo

Dennis R Perrin

Company Training

Thinking and Edward de Bono

Dr de Bono is established as the world authority on thinking and creative thinking. His thinking is sought world-wide by governments and corporations, schools and colleges, and individuals. He has written 80 books about lateral thinking - the term he coined in the sixties - Six Thinking Hats, parallel thinking, practical thinking, serious creativity, values etc.

Edward de Bono

Photo of Dr de Bono taken by Dennis at a working lunch with him, after which Dennis accepted an invitation to formally interview him at Edward de Bono's flat in Piccadilly London.

Edward de Bono has written around 80 books on thinking and related subjects

Perception is to do with how the brain actually works not how philosophers would like it to work. The brain works by self-organising patterns that protect the organism. Incoming information becomes rigid and is protected with emotional argument as evidenced in religious belief and politics. The de Bono thinking tools help to break out of these patterns and generate individual ideas that are relevant. Some religion and some argument is useful but need supplementing with creative thought.

A "Framework For Thinking" is Needed Now More than Ever!
Accredited de Bono teachers are specially trained in the ways designed by Dr de Bono that impart thinking skill to maximum effect. There are materials, workbooks, methods and systems that together with skilled training create the realisation of the huge difference between using frameworks for thinking and normal thinking.

Training in thinking skills is enjoyable, fun, and focused. Everyone gets a chance to shine because everyone can learn the tools. As with any skill, some people will be better than others, but everyone will improve. What happens is that when course attendees start using tools and frameworks as indicated by the trainer, the difference in thinking output is startling. Instead of ego, emotion and status masquerading as thinking, even people previously thought to be uncreative start to have new ideas sometimes improving behaviour.

The Hungerford Guidance Centre, which cares for young offenders too difficult to go elsewhere reported that after some de Bono thinking skills training, 90% of them did not re-offend. (The other 10% either did not use their new skills or did not attend the training!)

Training Benefits

 


"The Edward de Bono Thinking Tools are not magic. They just work like magic."